Monday, June 11, 2007

A Pearl's Thousand Years

A thousand years takes away the memory of an eye that dreamt.....
A mind that could see....
A dream that could live...


And when stories are told, they live in hearts and minds. In mine, in yours. He came from a world away, a world apart, asking me to write a story. I dont know him. I dont wish to, either.We have faces and masks. And I was never interested in faces, ever.


So why did he come to me? He read my soul or its lingering, and just told me that it was what people live and for. I am a very destructive person- reincarnation of Innocence Divine and of Pure Intrepid Evil. And I would take everything down with me. And yet he came, he kissed my words. I thank him for walking on a Frozen Glass. The glass cracked and now the blood is oozing out, am a story teller now, not a ghost anymore. Million seconds,of story telling leading to that one stairway of truth.


When Nathan had come to this Earth, he had sworn that he would never go against his senses. Sense of Freedom, Sense of Passion, a sense of Morality. Of judging what is Right and what is Wrong. He had sworn, with me. Both me and him. I had only smiled at him, then. Twelve years ago. He was a charming being. The syllables that came out of his mouth were articulate and honest. The eyes radiated the confidence of a man who made destinies. He never had to learn any music or any instrument- Music was etched, entwined in his soul. Even his breathing was like Music. Up and Down. Fast and Slow. Up and Down.... Never seeking permission from anyone for that one heart beat of his. Not even me. I was his Childhood Companion. A companion whom he never saw. He only saw what he chose too. He used to tell me- with his eyes closed, mind you- that I was beautiful. So beautiful that if he ever opened his eyes, I would cease to exist for any one else. I was amused then. I told him he was a fool. He said he indeed was.


And then one day he decided he was ready for the world. People were never important to him. But his passion was. And since he could not afford a different planet other than this Earth, he stayed back and made the world his home. I stayed out of a compromise. I wanted to go to the moon. I wanted to fly. Anyway, this isnt my story. So Nathan stayed back on this Earth. He went to work, and if at all I thought there was never a dull moment with him, his work made him radiate a glory...... a glory that means only life to me..... Yes, he was alive. Even before he could come closer to me, but never too close to breach the distance between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment