Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Tree

Another dusk
Clearing the burned dust,
Like always,
A tug of war with the zephyr
Reminding of my life
My roots sigh, take a deep breath
And protect me
I mix meaning in the blood they carry
Not without complain
Some leaves drop off to kiss her
Gently touching my feet
Drinking off the dews, from my dream
And within, a lightning favours me
Sparking a burn
Telling me what to do
What to do...

He comes, reminding me
Of the pawn of an era
Forfeiting my patience
I smile, he'll lose again, I'm sure
Why is his pain so much a drug
A drug to me
A drug, through me
The zephyr escapes with, "I warned you,"
A smile scars deeper into my trunk
Right where the young lovers wrote their names
Carved it on me, tatooed it with their blood,
That same highway has only aged two horizons
I know, he'll get them to me, one day
Some day
With their wrinkled hands, still feeling 
The touch of their carved heart....
And my pulse.


No comments:

Post a Comment